DJI has always been innovative with their products and now they came up with the Mavic Pro. They just bring new and new things frequently, these guys don’t sleep. This time they introduced the Mavic Pro as a consumer-grade drone. DJI has made it possible to for everyone to capture stunning shots with simple to use drones. The Mavic Pro aims at most people who want a perfect camera assistant.
Yes, one of the most compact drone till now! The reason I wroIe “one of the” is because now GoPro has the GoPro Karma which is also foldable and has better gimbal system that can be used separately. GroPro is new in the drone field, DJI has dominated the drone world, even though the Mavic Pro is so compact, foldable it still has all the features of the Phantom 4 Pro which are a higher end than Mavic Pro. Still, Mavic Pro is not comparable to the Inspire 2 which the professional grade from DJI.
DJI Mavic Pro Features
- 4K Ultra HD Video: Mavic supports 4K video at 30fps. No Electronic Image Stabilization is used, ensuring all footage is 4K. We have created a miniaturized, ultra-precise 3-axis gimbal for the Mavic, capable of stabilizing the camera even during a high-speed motion for smooth video and sharp photos.
27 Min FlightTime: The Mavic is only 1/6th the size of the Phantom 4 but this reduction in size doesn’t mean a reduction in flight time. The Mavic actually flies much longer than you would expect from its compact size. It is capable of reaching an absolute maximum flight time of 27 minutes and a maximum distance of 8mi (13km) due to its powerful, high-efficiency motors.
- Capture Photos: The Mavic’s 12-megapixel camera with Adobe DNG RAW support is ready to shoot.
- 7km Control Range: DJI’s brand new OcuSync transmission technology, with a range of 4.3mi (7km)*, HD 720p long range and Full HD 1080p short range video streaming.
- Precision Hover: Satellite positioning can only help a drone hover in an unobstructed outdoor area free of interference. Without satellites, the drone will not be able to position and become susceptible to drifting. However, with forward and downward vision sensors, the Mavic can hover precisely indoors or in places without GPS.
- Return To Home feature like the Phantom 4 and newer versions of it.
This compact drone will follow you with a few clicks on the controller or just wave your hands before it, yes it will follow you if you wave your hands and you can easily take a dronie by showing a gesture. Watch the video by DJI below.
Definitely, the Mavic Pro should make an increase in the number of drone users or may even change the trend of selfies or how photos are taken. Let’s wait for the age of dronies.