When DJI introduced Inspire 1 it changed the way of aerial cinematography. Great power, speed, and image quality all made the Inspire series the professional’s choice. Now DJI has launched the Inspire 2 by making an impression on the fans and drone lovers.
I really love drones not just for productivity but even for fun or more like a hobby. Drones are fun. But for many other serious guys who need more perfection in ariel shots then this is your pick. This is for professional like a filmmaker or those who simply wanna capture the best. Well DJI has the Phantom series drone for consumers which is also great in my opinion. But as Inspire users know it, Inspire series drone are more accurate in their job, they can handle more action shots easily. So what’s so much in the Inspire 2 version ??
DJI Inspire 2 Features
- A new image processing system that can record at up to 5.2K at 30fps and 4k at 60fps in CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes and more.
- It goes from 0 to 50mph (80kph) in just 5 seconds and hits a maximum speed of 58mph (94kph) and has a max descent speed of 9m/s for unheard of speed and agility in an aircraft this size.
- Dual batteries that can provide maximum flight time 27 minutes.
- CinemaDNG, Apple ProRes, and other common formats for post-production in filmmaking. Now supports AT32/exFAT* file system, which allows fast copying of files directly from the CINESSD without additional software.
- Improved obstacle avoidance makes this drone capable of flying at speeds of 54kph by avoiding obstacles. Forward and downward vision systems enable the Inspire 2 to detect obstacles up to 30 meters ahead. Upward facing infrared sensors scan obstacles 16ft (5m) above, which adds protection when flying in enclosed spaces. Inspire 2 have terrain detection and hover accurately in indoors
- The new spotlight pro feature tracks objects accurately and locks on to it so that we can fly without worrying about the shots. Also spotlight Pro has ActiveTrack, TapFly, Waypoint and Point of Interest.
- HD video transmission and broadcasting features. Updated DJI Lightbridge technology gives an effective transmission distance of up to 4.3mi (7km)* and is capable of delivering both 1080p/720pvideo as well as the FPV view to pilot and camera operator. Also with Broadcast mode Broadcasters can broadcast direct from the Inspire 2 using its dedicated 1080i50and 720p60 transmission signal. Aerial live-streaming direct to TV is as simple as connecting the Inspire 2 remote controller to the satellite truck.
All these are the main features you can read the full details here or watch the video below.
Well, definitely Inspire 2 will make some changes to aerial cinematography. These innovative drones reduce the cost of production and help new people coming into cinematography.
I really like the design, just look at that alien kind of looking design. DJI doesn’t seem to make any compromise in the build quality also. The carbon fiber arms that move up. When Inspire 2 is in the air its arms will move up giving a “V” shape with the camera gimbal just hanging down which is a really great idea that will help remove the propellers from frames.It also has a Magnesium aluminum composite shell. And don’t forget that you can between X4S or X5S camera from DJI which is a really great.